something for everyone
i know a lot of CrossFitters, whether competitive athletes or those looking to boost health a fitness hate rowing, but by improving technique they will see the benefit of rowing and why it is generally seen as being one of the best tools for building a bigger engine.
The session would consist of
– Set up: How to set up the correct position of feet and hands, how to set up the performance monitors
– The technique: The sequence of the body movement, building the drive and recovery . Basic technique drills working with banded slides and handles. Use of rate and rhythm, and why it is so important.
– Quick starts for 500 metre / short intervals and this is the only time there is a hack to fool the machine and then how to get a quick start for the 2000m.
– Release for WODS: The quick release footwork and how you save time getting on and off the machine in multi movement workouts.
– A workout to implement everything that has been learnt and to demonstrate why the training is relevant and effective.